(Scroll down for list of videos included in Vol. 1)
“This Wing Chun goes anywhere.”
– CJKD, Rebel Wing Chun Founder, Shaun Rudie
This isn’t your traditional Wing Chun.
Rebel Wing Chun was developed to get away from all the purists who wish to dead-end the true benefits of Wing Chun. Those who wish to keep it in a state that can’t adapt to the rigors of attacks from grapplers, multiple opponents—at the same time—or weapons attacks.
This is not your traditional Wing Chun—for a reason: The traditional Wing Chun mindset is mired in ego and elitism, while lacking function in any range except the trapping range against other Wing Chun practitioners or the untrained individual.
Rebel Wing Chun was formed to demonstrate an effectiveness using true Wing Chun functionality—the “essence” that makes Wing Chun so valuable—in ANY range where contact is established.
Rebel Wing Chun works effectively in the following:
On the ground against fighters disciplined in Jiu Jitsu, wrestling, shoot fighting
In the boxing and clinch range against:
- Western boxers—real boxers, not watered down examples from a traditional mindset that has never actually fought boxers
- Muay Thai fighters in the clinch
- Shoot fighters and grapplers that know clinch-range dynamics
- Judo and Aikido practitioners
- Any contact range where a knife, stick or other weapon is drawn
- Against a variety of “MMA” trained styles
We also deal with effectively getting into range from fighters skilled in the kicking range.
What’s in the videos?
Effective training that gets to the heart of the training as early as possible. Your time is valuable, so is mine. I don’t waste screen time talking about what I’m going to show you—I just get right in and show you.
Volume 1 covers several videos relating to the Touch Series, one of the most effective ways to ingrain reflexes for defenses and striking—regardless of the attacker’s lead or punching tool.
RWC Whip, Lateral, and Hatchet kicks are also defined, as well as how to train them for effectiveness in a fight.
More videos will be uploaded as soon as available.
Current Video List In This Volume
- RWC 1 – Why Touch-Break – Short Answer
- RWC 1 – Touch Series 1 – Jab
- RWC 1 – Touch Series 2 – Cross
- RWC 1 – Touch Series 3 – Uppercut
- RWC 1 – Touch Series 4 – Hook
- RWC 1 – Touch Series – What is being trained?
- RWC 1 – Balance Training
- RWC 1 – Whip and Lateral Kicks
- RWC 1 – Sweep Kicks to Attack Support Leg
- RWC 1 – Hatchet Kick
- RWC 1 – How To Insert Your Kicks In Live Flow
- RWC 1 – How To Hook-Sweep Efficiently
- RWC 1 – Kicking Shield Training Standard and Hatchet
- RWC 1 – Hatchet Kick – Elevation