(Scroll down for list of videos included in Vol. 2)
“This Wing Chun goes anywhere.”
– CJKD, Rebel Wing Chun Founder, Shaun Rudie
This isn’t your traditional Wing Chun.
Rebel Wing Chun was developed to get away from all the purists who wish to dead-end the true benefits of Wing Chun. Those who wish to keep it in a state that can’t adapt to the rigors of attacks from grapplers, multiple opponents—at the same time—or weapons attacks.
This is not your traditional Wing Chun—for a reason: The traditional Wing Chun mindset is mired in ego and elitism, while lacking function in any range except the trapping range against other Wing Chun practitioners or the untrained individual.
Rebel Wing Chun was formed to demonstrate an effectiveness using true Wing Chun functionality—the “essence” that makes Wing Chun so valuable—in ANY range where contact is established.
Rebel Wing Chun works effectively in the following:
On the ground against fighters disciplined in Jiu Jitsu, wrestling, shoot fighting
In the boxing and clinch range against:
- Western boxers—real boxers, not watered down examples from a traditional mindset that has never actually fought boxers
- Muay Thai fighters in the clinch
- Shoot fighters and grapplers that know clinch-range dynamics
- Judo and Aikido practitioners
- Any contact range where a knife, stick or other weapon is drawn
- Against a variety of “MMA” trained styles
We also deal with effectively getting into range from fighters skilled in the kicking range.
What’s in the videos?
Effective training that gets to the heart of the training as early as possible. Your time is valuable, so is mine. I don’t waste screen time talking about what I’m going to show you—I just get right in and show you.
Volume 2 covers the elbow strikes used in RWC, including the sneak elbow that is so devastatingly functional. Hatchet kicks are shown in detail with their ability to severely damage an attacker’s knees and their ability to continue attacks. Energy sensing drills, pinpoint sparring and energy sensitivity training round out the education. The Training Reading Incoming Strikes video demonstrates Rebel Wing Chun (and Core JKD’s) extremely functional peripheral training for reading incoming strikes.
More videos will be uploaded as available in this volume without charge.
Current List of Videos In This Volume
- RWC 2 – Elbow Entries 1-4
- RWC 2 – Elbow Training: Down and Lunge Elbows
- RWC 2 – Cutting Tools – Fist
- RWC 2- Sneak Elbow and Range Breaking
- RWC 2 – Sneak Elbow Detail and Leg Takedown
- RWC 2 – Energy Sensing – Bicep Control and Closing the Line
- RWC 2 – Hatchet Kick – Pinpoint Sparring
- RWC 2 – Energy Sensitivity Training 1
- RWC 2 – Training Reading Incoming Strikes